Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Avinash Narayanan <av...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 11:00:48 UTC

Re: SFTP file transfer for large files using flex

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply but I wanted to have some concrete answers before
posting to the group again. I used the byte array & URLLoader to upload
files in separate post methods. I was also able to divide the file into
byte array chunks + boundary and then upload in multi-part.

Now the problem is if I use HTTP it works perfectly for over 3.5 Gb, when I
use HTTPS it gets stops abruptly somewhere around the 1.5 Gb mark for 10 Mb
chunks and 300 Mb mark for 50 Mb chunks. No clue why (help please)

I also observed that if you're uploading 10Mb chunks it takes a peak memory
of 117 Mb and avg mem of 30 Mb. For 50 Mb chunks it takes a peak memory of
300 Mb and average of 80 Mb. Why so much difference in peak memory? Any
ideas why?

Will be happy to share code in case it will be useful to someone.

Thanks
Avinash Y

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Avinash,

Did you try the method that Clint has suggested?  That approach looks
solid.  The beauty of AIR is that you can use the NativeProcess API for
such special requirements.  No need to build everything in
Flex/Actionscript.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Avinash Narayanan <av...@gmail.com>.