Posted to user@ode.apache.org by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/29 10:59:05 UTC

A question about the examples of ODE?

I am new to ODE. The HelloWorld2 example released with ODE can be deployed
into Tomcat. But there is no java source code in this example. Which class
will implemente the Web Service defined in the WSDL file? Who will do the
real job?

Thanks.

Re: A question about the examples of ODE?

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.
Yes true. It did like this.
Thanks.

Posted by Jean-Claude Moissinac <mo...@enst.fr>.

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:22 AM, youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  If there is no Java code behind this case, who will be responsible
>  for adding "World" to the message.

The BPEL script is responsible. BPEL can be considered a programming
language and in the HelloWorld example it is used to compose the hello
world string. Have a look at the .bpel file and you will see an assign
activity that uses XPath for that string manipulation.

Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BPEL for some (partially
wrong) background information or just skim through the specification
[1].

Best,
  Tammo

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/wsbpel-v2.0.pdf
--
Tammo van Lessen - tvanlessen@gmail.com - http://www.taval.de

Re: A question about the examples of ODE?

Posted by Sebastien Mosser <mo...@polytech.unice.fr>.
youhaodeyi a écrit :
> Let's take the HelloWorld2 as an example, I deploy it to ODE Web Site and
> send the soap message to it and get the response message. The message I sent
> is the file testRequest.soap. It passes a String value "Hello". The response
> message I got is a soap message and the String value becomes to "Hello
> World". If there is no Java code behind this case, who will be responsible
> for adding "World" to the message.

BPEL !!!

ODE is an orchestration engine. So, it runs orchestration code. BPEL is
an orchestration language. you should read a bit about (Web) Services
Orieted Architectures and BPEL :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BPEL

Cheers,

--
  Sebastian Mosser
  EPU Polytech'Nice - Sophia Antipolis, Bureau 314

Re: A question about the examples of ODE?

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Füller <ma...@gmx.net>.

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Füller <ma...@gmx.net>.