Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2016/12/13 20:33:19 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released

The Apache Ignite Community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Ignite 1.8.0.

Apache Ignite In-Memory Data Fabric [1] is a high-performance, integrated and distributed in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash-based technologies.

The Fabric is a collection of independent and well integrated components some of which are the following:
Data Grid
Compute Grid
Streaming & CEP
Service Grid

Starting from version 1.8.0 this list is expanded with a new component named In-Memory SQL Grid [2]. In-Memory SQL Grid adds in-memory distributed database capabilities to Apache Ignite. It is horizontally scalable, fault tolerant and SQL ANSI-99 compliant. SQL Grid fully supports all SQL and DML commands including SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, MERGE and DELETE queries. The In-Memory SQL Grid allows you to interact with Ignite platform using JDBC or ODBC APIs without custom coding. This provides true cross-platform connectivity even from languages such as PHP and Ruby which are not natively supported by the project.

Apache Ignite 1.8.0 also includes Redis protocol support and support for .NET Entity Framework 2nd Level Cache and ASP.NET Session Caching. The full list of the changes can be found here [3].

Please visit this page if you’re ready to try the release out:
https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi <https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi>

Please let us know [4] if you encounter any problems.

Regards,

The Apache Ignite Community

[1] https://ignite.apache.org <https://ignite.apache.org/>
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-grid <https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/v1.0.2/CHANGELOG.md>
[3] https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
[4] https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#ask <https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#ask>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released

Posted by Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com>.
Roman's blog has been added to the website - https://ignite.apache.org/
blogs.html

-Prachi

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
Hi all

I have a comment about release notes. Transactions deadlock detection
was implemented in Apache Ignite 1.7. But this implementation is
limited by pessimistic transactions only and doesn't support
transactions on near caches.

In Apache Ignite 1.8 release implemented deadlock detection that
supports optimistic transactions and transactions on near caches. It
is useful feature and could be important for transactions users.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
You're most welcome, Denis. It's my pleasure.
Of course you may include the post in your blog. Feel free to use the Apache feather for the image :^)
Cheers,Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

  On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 15:55, Denis Magda<dm...@apache.org> wrote:   Sally, this is amazing! Thanks for all your hard work you did helping the community to share the news widely!
Could we add this blog post to our page?https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html
If yes, please share the photo you want us to use for your account.
—Denis

On Jan 18, 2017, at 2:18 AM, Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
Hello everyone --as promised, we are live:
 - ASF "Foundation" blog https://s.apache.org/Slah
 - @TheASF Twitter feed https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/821660992522297344
 - NEW! ASF LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
... as well as to announce@ and our dedicated media/analyst list. This will appear on the apache.org homepage and archives during the next auto-update, which should take place within the hour.
Thanks again for all your help and a job well done!
Warmly,
Sally = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html <https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html>

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sally,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Sally,

Please give editing permissions to my google account (magda7817@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>). I’ll fill in the missing part.

—

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Roman, perfect! Well done!

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Roman, amazing thanks!

You can use any blogging engine you like. After the blog post is ready notify the community and Prachi will send your material to dzone.com and when it’s accepted there we will public it on Ignite’s blogging page (https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html <https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html>).

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Denis. Hello, everyone!
Indeed, I think releasing a "highlight" announcement makes sense here, and I'll be happy to work with you over the next week or so to get that drafted.
And thanks in advance, Roman Shtykh, for acting as project spokesperson in your role as release manager. Participation from the community at-large is greatly appreciated!
Here's hoping everyone has a happy New Year!

From: Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released
Date: December 13, 2016 at 12:33:19 PM PST
To: announce@apache.org
Cc: dev@ignite.apache.org, user@ignite.apache.org

[1] https://ignite.apache.org[2] https://apacheignite. readme.io/docs/sql-grid[3] https://github.com/apache/ ignite/blob/master/RELEASE_ NOTES.txt[4] https://ignite.apache.org/ community/resources.html#ask

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Blogs: https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html <https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html>
News: https://ignite.apache.org/news.html <https://ignite.apache.org/news.html>

[1] https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for <https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for>