Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by xfile80303 <le...@grokers.net> on 2009/08/05 21:07:52 UTC

ZoneUpdater is Great

Hi all,

I just wanted to take a moment and shine some light onto the "ZoneUpdater"
mixin which appears to have been originally authored by Inge Solvoll.

For those which are not familiar with it (it took some digging for me to
find it), it is a mixin which will allow one to have an AJAX update occur
for a given Zone, on a specified component event with appropriate handler.
Quite useful.

See the blog post by Inge:

http://tinybits.blogspot.com/2009/05/update-zone-on-any-client-side-event.html

apparently there is an open JIRA issue related to the implementation:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-521

For those Tapestry developers out there who are listening, this is such a
useful and basic mixin that I would suggest it be incorporated into the
Tapestry codebase.  If not that, then it should at least be mentioned in the
wiki or on the related projects page... something.

Wherever you are Inge, thanks for sharing this very useful mixin with this
community.

Cheers,

Levi

Re: ZoneUpdater is Great

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

That will probably require some work figuring out how the T5 javascript
handles multiple zones. If I run into a situation where I need this, I will
post updated code to the blog. Until then, anyone is welcome to suggest a
solution :)

I'm guessing it's not too hard, just requires some javascript reading skills
to understand the T5 internal javascript.

Again, it would be really nice with a nice and clean built-in javascript API
for custom zone tricks on the client side!

Re: ZoneUpdater is Great

Posted by xfile80303 <le...@grokers.net>.
:)

Re: ZoneUpdater is Great