Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ronanoc <ro...@mac.com> on 2003/03/20 00:19:47 UTC

j_security_check

I get this message when I am trying to login, and if I am already
logged in too.

Status 404 /mywebapp/j_security_check

type Status report
message /mywebapp/j_security_check
description The requested resource (/mywebapp/j_security_check) is not
available.

How can I prevent this happening, and how can I logout, and log in
again?
Thanks.

Ronan O'Ciosoig
One Louder Recordings IRL
Co. Dublin,
Ireland.
http://www.onelouder.org

Re: j_security_check

Posted by Scott Barr <sc...@exergonic.com.au>.
Hi Max

I've really got to investigate the securityfilter for my next project :)

Scott Barr
www.exergonic.com.au

Re: j_security_check

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Ronan,

Please post the exception stack trace, or perhaps better yet, email your
securityfilter-config.xml and the stack trace to me and I'll help track the
problem down. It is likely that something is amiss in the
securityfilter-config.xml file, so a quick (but careful) check of any areas
you may have changed when setting it up for your app might get you to a
solution the fastest.

-Max

Posted by ronanoc <ro...@mac.com>.
So I have got the demo to work, so I copied the .xml and java files
accross to my own project and I get this
javax.servlet.exception Error matching patterns

Any idea what that is? I set it up the same as with the Catalina
example. As in '/*' in web.xml and '/index.jsp' in security filter.

Thanks in advance.
Ronan.

On Déardaoin, Már 20, 2003, at 00:20 Etc/GMT, Max Cooper wrote:

> You can also use SecurityFilter, a filter-based clone of
> container-managed
> security. It allows you to set a default page to take users to when
> they log
> in "out of the blue". Container-managed security doesn't allow such
> login
> requests.
>
> http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/
>
> -Max