Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2006/12/20 22:32:41 UTC

non existant directory errors

Hi everyone ,

I'm noticing a lot of entries in my maillog regarding a non-existent
directory
-
Google came up with this-
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general/72541

I'm not entirely sure I'm grasping what to do here-

I do not have per-user config- and spamd runs as root-

Here's the excerpt from the page-

If you're not doing per-user configs, create yourself a spamd user, and pass
that to spamd's -u, then use that user for your sa-learning, and housing your
user_prefs, etc.

if this is the resolution for me- how do I "pass to spamd -u"

Jean-Paul Natola
Network Administrator
Information Technology
Family Care International
588 Broadway Suite 503
New York, NY 10012
Phone:212-941-5300 xt 36
Fax:  212-941-5563
Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

Re: non existant directory errors

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 04:32:41PM -0500, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> I'm noticing a lot of entries in my maillog regarding a non-existent
> directory

It means that some user calling spamd has a homedir set to /nonexistant.

> I do not have per-user config- and spamd runs as root-

So you're running site-wide?  Have you modified the AWL path from ~/
(that's what complaining in the error you posted)?

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"... and a chunk of carbon is a mighty simple thing."   - Prof. Vaz