Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/05/25 20:40:50 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Update of "HowToEnableEl22" by JakobKorherr

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The "HowToEnableEl22" page has been changed by JakobKorherr.
The comment on this change is: Added dependencies for Apache's EL 2.2 impl.
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/HowToEnableEl22?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  == EL-2.2 Implementation ==

  Currently, the best Implementation we use is the one available from the glassfish project.
- A Geronimo implementation is currently ongoing and will be available in a few months.
- Until then we need to use el-api.jar and el-impl.jar from glassfish.
+ An Apache implementation is ongoing and is currently available as a SNAPSHOT build, however
+ we recommend to use el-api.jar and el-impl.jar from glassfish until it is final.
+

  == Maven ==

@@ -55, +56 @@

      </profiles
  }}}

+ === Apache's EL 2.2 implementation ===
+
+ The above code uses Sun's EL 2.2 implementation from Glassfish. If you want to use Apache's implementation, you have to use the following dependencies from the Apache SNAPSHOT repository:
+
+ {{{
+ <dependency>
+     <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId>
+     <artifactId>tomcat-el-api</artifactId>
+     <version>7.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
+ </dependency>
+ <dependency>
+     <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId>
+     <artifactId>tomcat-jasper-el</artifactId>
+     <version>7.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
+ </dependency>
+ }}}
+
+ However keep in mind that this implementation is only a SNAPSHOT build and thus you might run into some problems with it.
+
  == Tomcat preparation ==

  Tomcat6 has to be prepared, otherwise it will crash with a Exception on container startup: