Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/15 11:58:03 UTC

No tag for release 0.11?

As the subject says, there is no Git tag for the release 0.11.

The project should probably be using non-deletable release tags, i.e. rel/m.n

S.

Re: No tag for release 0.11?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 at 14:16, Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15/08/2020 13.58, sebb wrote:
> > As the subject says, there is no Git tag for the release 0.11.
> >
> > The project should probably be using non-deletable release tags, i.e. rel/m.n
> >
> > S.
> >

> There is a tree for 0.11, see:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail/tree/0.11

AFAICT that's a mutable branch, not a tag.

> However, I don't see one for 0.10. We should have the signature/tree in
> the vote mail, so I can create that retroactively.

It's confusing if tags and branches have the same name, so I suggest
there should be a naming convention to distinguish them.

Re: No tag for release 0.11?

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.