Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ajay <aj...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/06 07:57:16 UTC

Hive support on Cassandra

Hi,

Does Apache Cassandra (not DSE) support Hive Integration?

I found couple of open source efforts but nothing is available currently.

Thanks
Ajay

Re: Hive support on Cassandra

Posted by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se>.
Hi Ajay,

I just Googled your question and ended up here:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/11850186/260805 The only solution seem to be
Datastax Enterprise.

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Rantil
Backend engineer

Email: jens.rantil@tink.se
Phone: +46 708 84 18 32
Web: www.tink.se

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/#!/tink.se> Linkedin
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/2735919?trk=vsrp_companies_res_photo&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1057023381369207406670%2CVSRPtargetId%3A2735919%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary>
 Twitter <https://twitter.com/tink>

Re: Hive support on Cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
You may find Spark to be useful.  You can do SQL, but also use Python,
Scala or Java.

I wrote a post last week on getting started with DataFrames & Spark, which
you can register as tables & query using Hive compatible SQL:
http://rustyrazorblade.com/2015/05/on-the-bleeding-edge-pyspark-dataframes-and-cassandra/

Posted by Ajay <aj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone.

Posted by Andres de la Peña <ad...@stratio.com>.