Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sullivan, Mark E" <Ma...@nav-international.com> on 2002/07/30 15:54:13 UTC

parsing xml config file

Does anyone know if tomcat uses Digester from the jakarta commons project to
parse it's xml config file? I cannot find any evidence of this after
(briefly) searching the source code. If it doesn't, does it using an outside
package or just custom stuff written within the project?

thanks,
Mark

Re: parsing xml config file

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Sullivan, Mark E wrote:

> Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:54:13 -0500
> From: "Sullivan, Mark E" <Ma...@nav-international.com>
> To: "Tomcat-User@Jakarta. Apache. Org (E-mail)"
>     <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: parsing xml config file
>
> Does anyone know if tomcat uses Digester from the jakarta commons project to
> parse it's xml config file? I cannot find any evidence of this after
> (briefly) searching the source code. If it doesn't, does it using an outside
> package or just custom stuff written within the project?

Tomcat 4.1.x does indeed use Digester.  Previous versions of Tomcat used
an internal Tomcat utility called XmlMapper (which was one of the bases
for Digester's design).

> thanks,
> Mark

Craig