Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Noureddine Bekrar <nb...@rennes.jouve.fr> on 2003/04/02 10:12:01 UTC

Session Load Balancing Problem

Hello,

I have a probleme when i want to use a load balancing of my struts
application between 2 tomcat servers.

when the load balancing begin , the second server say that the session was
expired.

but when I remove the html:select tag from my jsp pages , all work well.

Do any one has any idea about this very strange problem.

Thanks

Re: Session Load Balancing Problem

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Do you have the cluster setup to replicate the sessions? If so and it still
isn't working correctly, write something that checks everything in your
session to see if it is Serializable. You can use a simple JSP for the
session check thing and just load it to make sure everything is
serializable, or you could integrate some kind of "serializability check"
that would log exceptions into your ActionBase or perhaps add it to your app
as a Filter. You would obviously want to do this on a temporary basis just
to check that everything is in order, and then remove it after you finish
testing. Anything that isn't serializable won't be available in the session
on the other node.

-Max