Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1997/06/11 05:53:53 UTC

NT-development questions

1) should I remove nt-dev@apache.org?  If all discussion is to happen
on this list, it makes sense.

2) I have a list of several dozen NT developers who are interested in
joining the process.  I have not told them about new-httpd for fear of
having the process go out of control before 1.2 was out.  now that 1.2
is out, is it appropriate to invite them to this list?  Or should we
come to a final decision on the NT "plan" before doing so?  Many of
these NT developers have said "I'm starting work on my own port.
Should we collaborate?".  They are ready to go.

My understanding of the current consensus: 1.3 will have NT support in
it as an experiment, and will also run on Unix.  We will integrate
Ambarish's code into it, and perform some amount of work to reduce the
number of IFDEF's by abstracting several pieces of code.

Is this correct?

If so, let's put the 2.0 discussion on back burner for a few days and
get 1.3 development rolling.  It would seem that the first step is to
integrate Ambarish's code into the current CVS tree, and then get that
to work on both NT and Unix (if it doesn't already).  IFDEF cleanup
can follow.

	Brian