Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2005/10/28 06:46:38 UTC

Geronimo specs break out

Someone, at some time, proposed that we breakout specs from our regular
build.  I think that this is a good idea.  I'd like to move it out to
its own root called "specs".  I will also convert it to m2 while I'm at it?

What do you think?

Regards,
Alan

Re: Geronimo specs break out

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
+1

geirm@apache.org

Re: Geronimo specs break out

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/27/05, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Someone, at some time, proposed that we breakout specs from our regular
> build.  I think that this is a good idea.  I'd like to move it out to
> its own root called "specs".  I will also convert it to m2 while I'm at it?

+1

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: Geronimo specs break out

Posted by John Sisson <js...@apache.org>.
+1

FYI.. there is a JIRA open for this:

John

Re: Geronimo specs break out

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

-dain

Re: Geronimo specs break out

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Geronimo specs break out

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On 10/27/2005 9:59 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> +1
>
> I think the spec version should be part of the artifactId and then we
> need a version as well,
>
> e.g. <artifactId>servlet-2.4</artifactId>
>        <versionId>rc4</versionId>

Thinking the same thing.

> I think we should talk to all the other apache projects with specs and
> make an apache specs project that we all use.

Good idea.  I'll move /geronimo/trunk/specs to /specs/trunk as a start.
We can move/merge it anywhere we want later.

> BTW, am I correct in thinking that the approved style of M2 groupIds
> would be e.g. org.apache.geronimo.specs for the specs and
> org.apache.geronimo for our modules?

Yes, I think so.

Regards,
Alan

Re: Geronimo specs break out

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
On Oct 28, 2005, at 12:59 AM, David Jencks wrote:
> +1
>
> I think the spec version should be part of the artifactId and then  we
> need a version as well,
>
> e.g. <artifactId>servlet-2.4</artifactId>
>        <versionId>rc4</versionId>
>
> I think we should talk to all the other apache projects with specs
> and make an apache specs project that we all use.

+1

Jacek

Re: Geronimo specs break out

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.