Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Mike Grimes <ma...@mtu.edu> on 2016/06/10 20:30:49 UTC

Oozie 4.3.0 - intended release date?

Hi,

Is there any intended release date for Oozie 4.3.0? I'm part of a team that
uses Apache Bigtop to build Oozie, and there are a lot of fixes in 4.3.0
that we'd like to have. I've tried searching the lists and the JIRAs but
haven't heard of any discussion around cutting a release. Are there any
blocking issues that's holding a release back?

Best,

Re: Oozie 4.3.0 - intended release date?

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Mike,

I don't think there's anything in particular that's blocking the release.
The more active Oozie developers have just been a bit too busy with other
things lately to focus on a proper release.  It has only been very recently
that a bunch of new active developers have started contributing, and the
Oozie committers who were active before are refocusing on Oozie again.

We've briefly discussed a new release in the PMC (it's been about a year
since 4.2.0), and we agree that there should be one soon, but we don't have
any concrete plans yet.

- Robert