Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Phil404 <ph...@unity-software.com> on 2007/10/18 00:02:07 UTC

Handling Heterogeneous Collections

I would like to display and update objects in a list where the objects are
not necessarily of the same class. For example, I have a list of survey
questions where the question type may be Numeric, Multiple Choice, Open
Ended, etc.  Each of these classes would be a subclass of Question but would
obviously have different behavior depending on the type.  I can see how to
display the questions differently by looking at the question type.  But how
would I update the different types of objects using type conversion?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Phil