Posted to users@streampipes.apache.org by Charles Earl <ch...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2021/03/15 22:03:48 UTC

Missing Elements

Hello

I am new to Apache Stream Pipes.  Following the tutorial I successfully
built and used the first example, the flow valve simulation.  I could
not build the the second example because the 'Aggregator' data processor
element was missing.  I tried to Pull it using the terminal command but
could not install it.  I have subscribed as a user.

The ISS Location Stream Pipe, exampled in the recent edition of Linux
Magazine connected fully but my Dashboard failed to show the data
output.  I am still learning but find your concept very interesting and
worth the challenge.

If you could help on these points I shall be very thankful.  The system
I am using is Ubuntu 20.04 running on a desktop AMD Phenom with 16GB Ram.

With thanks and best wishes

Charles Earl

Email: charles.earl@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Missing Elements

Posted by Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Charles,

welcome to the StreamPipes mailing list and happy to share your experience with us.

Of course, we can further help you regarding your problems.

For the one regarding the tutorial: the missing data processor is now part of the „full“ or „big“ version of StreamPipes [1]
as this pipeline element (data processor) is written using our Apache Flink wrapper. Thus, in the standard getting started
we now guide the user towards using the „lite“ version as we experienced some resource issues when starting full fletched
version including external frameworks such as Flink in the case of the full version. Unfortunately, we have not yet updated
the documentation - so apologize for that.

With your system you should be able to run the full version without any issues and complete the second tutorial. Therefore,
just clean the old setup and start the corresponding docker-compose.full.yml.

For your second problem, as of now I cannot really say much about it. Did you experience any issues when creating the ISS
adapter? Could you see gathered data in the live preview (Pipeline Editor -> Data Streams -> Element, then click the „?“ and
go to „Values“ -> you should see „Gathering data for live preview …“ followed by live data from the ISS adapter).

Don’t hesitate to further reach out to us :)

Patrick

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-installer/blob/dev/compose/docker-compose.full.yml <https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-installer/blob/dev/compose/docker-compose.full.yml>