Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> on 2007/04/25 18:13:32 UTC

[axis2 ]soap session scope does not work

Hi All,

I read this axis2 session management article:
http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661

Basically, it says that i can define my services being of a soap session
scope,
then i have to put this option on my client:
*options.setManageSession(true);*

Therefore it is expected for the service to include
<wsa:ReferenceParameters>
element as an session identifier in the soap envelope.

I tested this and it does not work - axis2 does not put that element, in
order
to be used as session identifier.Am i missing something or this is a bug?

Thanks,
Nencho

Re: [axis2 ]soap session scope does not work

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Paul,

I have both scope attribute in services.xml
and the setManageSession(true) call in the client,
but it still does not work.
I attached my service.xml file and my client code.

And here is the response that i get frm the server:

3f2

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:wsa="
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing" xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Header>

<wsse:Security xmlns:wsse="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd
" soapenv:mustUnderstand="1"><wsu:Timestamp xmlns:wsu="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd
" wsu:Id="Timestamp-23612966"><wsu:Created>2007-04-25T14:52:11.265Z</
wsu:Created><wsu:Expires>2007-04-25T14:57:11.265Z</wsu:Expires></
wsu:Timestamp></wsse:Security><wsa:Action>urn:echo</wsa:Action><
wsa:RelatesTo>urn:uuid:D6F41230DE1EAB89901177512730877</wsa:RelatesTo></
soapenv:Header><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:tns="
http://sample01.policy.samples.rampart.apache.org"><soapenv:Header /><
soapenv:Body><ns:sayHelloResponse xmlns:ns="http://sample/xsd"><ns:return>Hello
World</ns:return></ns:sayHelloResponse></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope></
soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

0
Thanks,
Nencho

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Anil,

Thanks but this is for this but it is
about transport session scope and i need soap session scope,
where ws addressing come to play and sends an identifier(pretty much like a
cookie)
that is passed fforth and back.

Thanks,
Nencho

Posted by Anil Chukkapalli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Nencho

--
Paul Fremantle

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sanjesh,

I tried with axis1.1.1 and it works.
It fails with axis 1.2.

thaks,
Nencho

2007/4/26, Sanjesh Pathak <sa...@soapknox.com>:

>  Hi Nencho,
>

> I am using Axis2 version 1.1.1 and it is working fine in my local
> environment here for session scope. What version of Axis2 are you using?
>

> I am hosting a sample service that uses session scope accessible at this
>

> This service takes an OMElement as the parameter and echoes it back. Can
> you test your client against this service?
>

> Sanjesh
>

>  ------------------------------

Deepal

Re: [axis2 ]soap session scope does not work

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Deepal,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Nencho

Yes, the conversation initiation will happen on the first call - no
matter what operation.
I think there are good samples in Rampart. They are the best approach
to getting started with Rampart.

Paul

On 5/2/07, Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Do you know if with the Secure conversation i can force the client
> to send the username token only the first time without having the login
> operation, or
> I still need this entry point?
>
> Is there any usefull documentation on the rampart secure conv.
> implementation?
>

> Thanks,
> Nencho
>

> 2007/4/27, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>:
> > Nencho
> >
> > With any third-party users of your service, you do need to give them
> > some additional documentation! The WSDL and Policy are a good starting
> > point, but the developer still needs to understand the business
> > processes behind the services.
> >
> > However, you are right that secureconversation will also give you the
> > pattern you want, where the initial login is used to create a token,
> > which is then passed with every request.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On 4/27/07, Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Paul,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the constructive idea :).anyway,I can't confirm that  these
> > > services will  be invoked only by my client code.
> > > Consider some third party client - i cannot force himm to call first the
> > > login operation, though it is obvious that
> > > the rest of the operations will deny to be executed first.
> > >
> > > Maybe i am stick with the Ws Secure conv implemented in rampart, does
> > > someone has tested it with username token sent only the first time?
> > >

> > > thanks,
> > > Nencho

> > > clients to
> be at
> > > the

> other
> but
> you

> rampart.
> and
> > > then
> the
> request.

> branch
> > > and

> get
> > > this

> > > org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:

> > > addressing in

> are
> > > > > > > > >
> > > org.apache.axis2.engine.ServiceGroupContextTest

> > > http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661
> of
> put
> > > that
> something or

> > > axis-user-help@ws.apache.org

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Nencho

> [...]

> > > login state and another will
> > > be already loged in.
> > > 3. does WS secure conversation way overcome those problems?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > Nencho

> then
> > > rely
> > > rampart

> and
> > > the

> this

> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:

> addressing in

> org.apache.axis2.engine.ServiceGroupContextTest

> http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661
> > > soap
> that
> > > this

> axis-user-help@ws.apache.org

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Nencho

You can specify different policies per operation with Axis2. So you
need to identify a specific operation that is the "login" operation -
i.e. the one that users call first (and only first), and statically
specify a different policy for this one.

I'm not suggesting changing the policy at runtime. That won't work -
certainly not at the server side.

Paul

On 4/27/07, Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Having different policies includes ex-changing them runtime.
>
> 1. Is that posible with axis2 without redeploying the service?
> 2. How this correlates to the session, because i expect different clients to
> connect to this
> service and i cannot just change the policiy since one of the will be at the
> login state and another will
> be already loged in.
> 3. does WS secure conversation way overcome those problems?
>
> thanks,
> Nencho
>

> 2007/4/27, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>:
> > Nencho
> >
> > If you want to do this, you need to have two different policies.
> >
> > One for the "login" operation/service, which uses UT, and the other
> > for the rest of the operations, which has encryption (if needed) but
> > no UT. Obviously you need to write your own logic to ensure that you
> > check the session is available for those other operations.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On 4/27/07, Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Deepal,
> > >
> > > I have yet another question/issue about the sessions.
> > > I am using UsernameToken in a ws security policy handled by rampart.
> > > I want to use axis2 sessions so i pass the user/pass only once and then
> rely
> > > on the
> > > session to recognize me on a subsequent call.the point is that the
> rampart
> > > policy
> > > is alredy there and will expect a username token in every request.
> > > Is there any way to overcome this?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > Nencho

> the

> > > both

> > > http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661
> soap
> this

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Nencho

> [...]

> > >     > *options.setManageSession(true);*
> > >     >
> > >     > Therefore it is expected for the service to include
> > >     > <wsa:ReferenceParameters>
> > >     > element as an session identifier in the soap envelope.
> > >     >
> > >     > I tested this and it does not work - axis2 does not put that
> > >     element,
> > >     > in order
> > >     > to be used as session identifier.Am i missing something or this
> > >     is a bug?
> > >     >
> > >     > Thanks,
> > >     > Nencho
> > >     >
> > >     >

> > >     --
> > >     Thanks,
> > >     Deepal

> > >     "The highest tower is built one brick at a time"

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Deepal,

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Deepal,

the sessions are working with axis2-1.1.1, i only cannot find how to
configure the seesions to expire after some time.
I read the Axis2 session management article(
http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/10935_3620661_2) and it says
that
they exprire by default within 30 seconds but how do i configure that?
Is that the

<parameter name="ConfigContextTimeoutInterval" locked="false">30</parameter>
parameter in axis2.xml?

furthuremore, i made some test with 15 executions with a pause of 4 seconds
and the session doesn't expire.That's 60 seconds.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Nencho,

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Deepal,

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Nencho ,

Axis2 soap session to be work , you need to engage addressing in both
the side.

It is working , there is a test case in the build so we are testing that
daily.
org.apache.axis2.engine.ServiceGroupContextTest

Thanks
Deepal

> Hi All,
>
> I read this axis2 session management article:
> http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661
>
> Basically, it says that i can define my services being of a soap
> session scope,
> then i have to put this option on my client:
> *options.setManageSession(true);*
>
> Therefore it is expected for the service to include
> <wsa:ReferenceParameters>
> element as an session identifier in the soap envelope.
>
> I tested this and it does not work - axis2 does not put that element,
> in order
> to be used as session identifier.Am i missing something or this is a bug?
>
> Thanks,
> Nencho

Deepal

Re: [axis2 ]soap session scope does not work

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sanjesh,

yes, i have:

client.engageModule(new QName("addressing"));

in my client - you can take a look at this at Client.java that i attached in
my previous post.
Thanks,

Nencho