Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Subroto <ss...@datameer.com> on 2013/05/17 16:39:56 UTC

Memory Leak while using LocalJobRunner

Hi,

I have an application which uses LocalJobRunner to process MR Jobs. From the heap dump of my application I can see multiple object with Name $Proxy90;  happens to be created by org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl.register(Callback).
Every-time a LocalJobRunner is launched it creates JobTrackerInstrumentation and QueueMetrics.

While creating this MetricsSystem ; it registers and adds a Callback to ArrayList which keeps on growing as the DefaultMetricsSystem is Singleton. Is it a known bug? Is there any workaround to empty this list?

Cheers,
Subroto Sanyal

Re: Memory Leak while using LocalJobRunner

Posted by Subroto <ss...@datameer.com>.
Hi Vinod,

Thanks Vinod…..
I have raised the issue.