Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2016/06/16 15:54:54 UTC

Failing to enable SSL/HTTPS on console proxy vm

Hi,

Is there any particular voodoo involved in getting the $subject to work correctly on 4.8.0?
I've uploaded the Comodo wildcard cabundle, crt and key in the Infrastructure page, the systemvms have rebooted.
They came back fine and nothing dodgy in the logs, but when I open the console of a VM Firefox will say there are insecure contents loaded and will not display the terminal ajax thingy.

Apache HTTPD and Tomcat had no issues with these certs.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Failing to enable SSL/HTTPS on console proxy vm

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Sorry should have said that, yes cpvm is the more important one to restart for your issue. Ssvm also uses cert for transfers.

________________________________
Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
You need to put all certificates in the chain in the GUI dialog, in 4.8
this is supported in GUI, made easy (god forgive doing the same work in 4.5
:)

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Failing to enable SSL/HTTPS on console proxy vm

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
Hi Ben,

Posted by Benjamin Naber <be...@coders-area.de>.
Hi Ugo,

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
I noticed another problem related to this procedure: after loading the
certificates the console is restarted while the secondary storage VM
disconnects and I have to stop it and restart it to see it online.

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
Hi all,

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Yes, it is.

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Andy Dills <an...@xecu.net>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
I have a working 4.4.1 setup with some workarounds[1], but I'm failing with 4.8.

[1] http://www.nux.ro/archive/2014/03/Run_your_own_realhostip.html

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.