Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajesh Hazari <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/15 16:01:15 UTC

solr autosuggest to stop/filter suggesting the phrases that ends with stopwords

Hi Folks,

Solr Version 4.7+

Do we have any analyzer or filter or any plugin in solr to stop suggesting
the phrase that ends with stopwords?

For ex: If the suggestion are as below for query
http://localhost.com/solr/suggest?q=jazz+a

"suggestion": [
"jazz and",
"jazz at",
"jazz at lincoln",
"jazz at lincoln center",
"jazz artists",
"jazz and classic"
]

Is there any config or solution to remove only "*jazz at*" and "*jazz and*"
phrases so that the final suggestion response looks more sensible!

"suggestion": [
"jazz at lincoln",
"jazz at lincoln center",
"jazz artists",
"jazz and classic"
]

Google does this intelligently :)

I have tested with StopFilterFactory and SuggestStopFilter both of which
filters all of stop terms in the phrases now matter where they appear.

Do i have to come up with a custom plugin or some kind of phrase filter to
do this in solr?

I am on the way to design SuggestStopPhraseFilter and its factory , as we
have existing SuggestStopFilter, and use this in my schema

or do we have any existing plugin or feature that i can use of leverage
from?
*Thanks,*
*Rajesh.*