Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/24 21:21:09 UTC

Reg Basic Myriad functionality, referring to MesosCon 2015 talk slides

Hi,

My understanding was that the Yarn Resource manager will run alongside
Mesos Master (In practise I was starting a resource manager on a node with
Mesos master running and no mesos slave process) but I see that the RM is
running on a node which is a mesos slave - can anyone please clarify?

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/Apache_Myriad_MesosCon_2015.pdf
(slide 24)

Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula

Re: Reg Basic Myriad functionality, referring to MesosCon 2015 talk slides

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
Haripriya, if you're launching the RM manually, you might choose to launch
it on a Mesos Master (or a slave, or a non-Mesos node), but if you're using
a tool like Marathon to relaunch the RM if it (or its node) fails, then
you'll end up using Mesos to launch the RM itself as a Mesos task, so it
will run on a Mesos slave node that has sufficient resources to run the RM.

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.
Sorry sorry! In my earlier mail I was referring to Resource Manager.

Let me reformulate my question:

Launch RM using Marathon,  it starts as a mesos slave task. In this case
what is the work flow? Does it still register as a framework with
Mesos-Master? is there any document that you can point me to - I'm trying
to understand the workflow better in this case?

Re: Cassandra Summit

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.
Thank you Ruth!! Love that you are helping with that!

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Cassandra Summit

Posted by Ruth Harris <rh...@maprtech.com>.
Okee dokey!