Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chanwit Kaewkasi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/18 02:53:22 UTC

Maven repo for Hadoop

Hello,

I would like to integrate Hadoop to my project using Ivy.
Is there any maven repository containing Hadoop jars that I can point
my configuration to?

Best regards,

Chanwit

--
Chanwit Kaewkasi
PhD Candidate,

Re: Maven repo for Hadoop

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
On Jan 17, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Chanwit Kaewkasi wrote:

> I would like to integrate Hadoop to my project using Ivy.
> Is there any maven repository containing Hadoop jars that I can point
> my configuration to?

Not yet, but soon. We recently introduced ivy into Hadoop, so I
believe we'll upload the pom and jar for 0.20.0 when it is released.

-- Owen

Re: Maven repo for Hadoop

Posted by tim robertson <ti...@gmail.com>.
Nope

Here is a super simple little pom to install it locally, and change
version easily (put it in project root along with hadoop jar and then
run as per comment at top).  If you do put it in a repository
yourself, are you able to you share the URL?  Ours is unfortunately on
an intranet so I can't share.

<!--
	A little script to install hadoop.  It requires that
hadoop-XXX-core.jar is in the same directory and run as:
	mvn -f hadoop-installer.xml install  -Dhadoop.version=0.19.0
-Dmaven.test.skip=true
-->
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
  <artifactId>hadoop</artifactId>
  <name>Hadoop (${hadoop.version})</name>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>${hadoop.version}</version>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>install-hadoop</id>
            <phase>install</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>install-file</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <file>hadoop-${hadoop.version}-core.jar</file>
              <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
              <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
              <packaging>jar</packaging>
              <version>${hadoop.version}</version>