Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/17 01:34:40 UTC

Stabilising 1.3 (was Re: POJO Actions and the ActionCommand interface (Re: Configuration inheritance, module init code))

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:07:13 -0500, Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:03:49 -0600, Joe Germuska <Jo...@germuska.com> wrote:
> > Acknowledged.  I'm just not ready to be a release manager, especially
> > for Struts.  If someone is ready to be the release manager, they can
> > call a freeze and we can let some of this sit, but until then, I will
> > keep making small changes and floating the bigger ideas here.
>
> :) Hey, don't we have a new tradiition that says the first thing a new
> Committer has to do is volunteer to manage the next release. :)
>
> :) And I'm thinking we just gave someone a shiny new Commiter stripe :)

I fear that Hubert would run for the hills, screaming, if we asked him
to forge the first new release since we moved to CVS and reorganised
the repo into subprojects. ;-)

Seriously, though, I'd like to see us get to the point where we're
happy with what we have in the repo, have the nightlies going
smoothly, get the docs cleaned up for the new stuff (and for the
subproject reorg), and start getting more pick-up from folks ready to
try it out. Then we'll get a better idea of what shape we're in, and
see how close we are to a 1.3.0 test build.

As usual, I don't mind doing the mechanics of getting the build out,
unless someone else wants to pick it up. This one is going to have
some new wrinkles, I suspect, because of the organisational changes.
It likely won't be quite as straighforward as its predecessors.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Stabilising 1.3 (was Re: POJO Actions and the ActionCommand interface (Re: Configuration inheritance, module init code))

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:07:13 -0500, Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> :) Hey, don't we have a new tradiition that says the first thing a new
> Committer has to do is volunteer to manage the next release. :)
>
> :) And I'm thinking we just gave someone a shiny new Commiter stripe :)

(Ooooh, they remembered.)  LOL.
I don't mind trying it.
Though, since...

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:34:40 -0800, Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This one is going to have
> some new wrinkles, I suspect, because of the organisational changes.
> It likely won't be quite as straighforward as its predecessors.

...I also don't mind waiting for 1.3.1 to fulfill my part. :)

Hubert

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
I don't remember what the resolution was (or if there was one) for
version numbers.   This being the first release since taglibs and
tiles were removed from the main distribution, I'm guessing a release
of those should be done as well?  Are we calling those 1.3.0 too?

Hubert