Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John D Groenveld <jd...@elvis.arl.psu.edu> on 2001/01/03 18:27:50 UTC

Re: Installing mod_perl-1.24_01 w/o super user and with global perl

Does "How do I keep my own module/library directory?" from perlfaq8 apply?
John
groenveld@acm.org

Re: Installing mod_perl-1.24_01 w/o super user and with global perl

Posted by "Alexander Farber (EED)" <ee...@eed.ericsson.se>.
John D Groenveld wrote:
> Does "How do I keep my own module/library directory?" from perlfaq8 apply?

No, I know how to use the modules in my home dir well enough.

What I am trying to complain here is, that you can not cleanly
install Apache + mod_perl into your home dir when using system-wide
perl installation (made by super-user): the "make install" fails.