Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Al...@pb.com on 2002/08/12 22:17:03 UTC

specifying an absolute reference to the local file system via URL

Hi -

I saw this awhile back but cannot remember the proper syntax -

i have the following -
<!DOCTYPE CFS SYSTEM "cfs.dtd">

but need it to be
<!DOCTYPE CFS SYSTEM "file://D:/GFA/cfs.dtd">

I want the URL to reference the local file system ....

this will be a local application running on W2K machines without network
connectivity.

thanks for any help with this.

alan

Re: specifying an absolute reference to the local file system via URL

Posted by Milind Gadre <mi...@ecplatforms.com>.
Alan, you could write a custom EntityResolver to pick up the entity from
any file you want. This could even look at various config options to
pick up files from where ever - based on the environment.

Regards...

Milind Gadre
ecPlatforms, Inc
901 Mariner's Island Blvd, Suite 565
San Mateo, CA 94404
C: 510-919-0596
F: 815-352-0779
milind@ecplatforms.com

Posted by Tom Wang <to...@panscopic.com>.
Alan,

You can implement your own entity resolver to locate the DTD during runtime.
Check out the SAX EntityResolver interface.

Tom Wang
Panscopic Corporation
http://www.panscopic.com/