Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by yangzhg <ya...@apache.org> on 2022/04/12 11:28:57 UTC

[Discussion] Remove AlphaRowset Related Code

HI all:
BetaRowset has been online for a long time, and has been the default
format, performance and stability have been fully verified, currently in
our code base still retains support for AlphaRowset, while taking into
account the support of AlphaRowset for our follow-up Development has added
a lot of unnecessary work, so I propose to remove the alphaRowset support
and code in doris.

This work needs to be done in two steps.
1. add the stmt to detect alpharowset tables in version 1.1, before 1.1
upgrade to 1.2 users need to convert all tables in the cluster to
betarowset, and we also can add a configuration to control whether to
automatically compaction alpha rowset tables to betarowset format
2. remove alpha rowset related code in 1.2 version

Re: [Discussion] Remove AlphaRowset Related Code

Posted by 王博 <wa...@gmail.com>.
It seems that we still need to check whether all rowsets are converted to
v2.
Relying on compaction cannot guarantee that all rowsets can complete
automatic conversion operations

zhg yang <ya...@gmail.com> 于2022年4月13日周三 13:27写道:

--
王博  Wang Bo

Re: [Discussion] Remove AlphaRowset Related Code

Posted by zhg yang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 王博 <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Indeed, we need to remove it.
And we need to command or tool to make sure that all rowset can be converted to beta rowset, controllably.

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email: