Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Glenn Golden <gg...@umich.edu> on 2002/03/25 06:17:42 UTC

Error rendering this .psml

In the latest version (even before my proposed patches!), the attached .psml
file does not display properly.  It was Tommy Turbine's html/default.psml,
and then I added another pane.  Now, the "home" pane does not show the
proper portlet in the upper left corner - it shows the one from the second
pane instead.  If I edit the portal to remove the second pane, the first
pane displays correctly again!

I'll start to take a look at this soon, but perhaps someone else has an idea
as to what's going on... and some confirmation that it's happening elsewhere
would help me!

Thanks.

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu <ma...@umich.edu>                734-615-1419
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/
<http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/>

RE: Error rendering this .psml

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Looks like you've found another place where we need to use ids.
It appears to me that there are 2 portlets with the same name but on
different tabs.

In the first tab, there is:

        <entry id="08"
parent="http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/turbine.rss">

and the second tab has:

        <entry id="P-eccbbfecf5-10049"
parent="http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/turbine.rss">

Same portlet, different portlet instance.
If I change either one of these to a different portlet, say

        <entry id="P-eccbbfecf5-10049" parent="JetspeedFramed">

It then works for me

ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/