Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Rene Veerman <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/16 15:11:51 UTC

can't connect to outside IP couchdb

i've got couchdb up and running on localhost, but now i want to use it from
an outside IP addess tied to a domain name..

i think the lingering 127.0.0.1 in the output below might indicate a
problem, but i have no clue about how to fix that.

http://seductiveapps.com/seductiveapps/siteData/reInit.php?doCouchDB=y

*Fatal error*: Uncaught RuntimeException: Error creating resource:
[message] fopen(/_node/couchdb@127.0.0.1/_config/admins): failed to open
stream: No such file or directory [file] /home/rene/data1/htdocs/
seductiveapps.com/seductiveapps/lib/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Handler/StreamHandler.php
[line] 323 in /home/rene/data1/htdocs/
seductiveapps.com/seductiveapps/lib/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Handler/StreamHandler.php:252
Stack trace: #0 /home/rene/data1/htdocs/
seductiveapps.com/seductiveapps/lib/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Handler/StreamHandler.php(334):
GuzzleHttp\Handler\StreamHandler->createResource(Object(Closure)) #1
/home/rene/data1/htdocs/
seductiveapps.com/seductiveapps/lib/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Handler/StreamHandler.php(51):
GuzzleHttp\Handler\StreamHandler->createStream(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request),
Array) #2 /home/rene/data1/htdocs/
seductiveapps.com/seductiveapps/lib/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/PrepareBodyMiddleware.php(37):
GuzzleHttp\Handler\StreamHandler->__invoke(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request)
in */home/rene/data1/htdocs/seductiveapps.com/seductiveapps/lib/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Exception/RequestException.php
<http://seductiveapps.com/seductiveapps/lib/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Exception/RequestException.php>*
on line *52*

Re: can't connect to outside IP couchdb

Posted by Martin Broerse <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rene,

I see the binding on 127.0.0.1:5984 but as far as I can see you code access
127.0.0.1:80 where it seems an Apache server 2.4.29 runs.

Maybe just connect to port 5984. Not sure about the fopen use but if it
worked before I hope the port change will fix it.

- Martin

.

Posted by Rene Veerman <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
On 2019-05-16 1:42 p.m., Rene Veerman wrote:
> i use an ubuntu server and firefox on the same machine, to connect to
> seductiveapps.com as shown in the initial post in this thread.
>
> i've already got cors installed and changed the /opt/couchdb/etc/local.ini
> to use bind_address = 0.0.0.0
>
> i'm a bit stumped..

Did you restart the CouchDB process? CouchDB won't pick up an .ini file
edit without a restart.

Use the output of `ps waux` to be sure that the start time has changed
after a restart.

-Joan

Re: can't connect to outside IP couchdb

Posted by Rene Veerman <se...@gmail.com>.