Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Wiedenbrück <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2011/01/25 14:11:31 UTC

Upload WAR file problem

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.23 and Tomcat 7.0.6 on Windows. When uploading a WAR
file through the manager application, Tomcat responds with a blank page (URL
pointing to html/upload). The WAR file has not been uploaded and I cannot
find any error messages in any log file. With Tomcat 6 it works fine,
though.

Any ideas?

Re: Upload WAR file problem

Posted by Nick Wiedenbrück <ma...@googlemail.com>.
I still don't have a clue what the problem is. Meanwhile I tried the same
with a different application with the same result - blank page, URL pointing
http://localhost:8080/manager/html/upload?org.apache.catalina.filters.CSRF_NONCE=2...,
WAR file has not been deployed, no messages about the upload in any of the
log files. I haven't configured any context.xml, neither under TC/conf, nor
under TC/conf/Catalina/..., nor in META-INF. The WAR file is about 30MB in
size. I can deploy the WAR file by putting it under TC/webapps without any
problems.

Is it possible to configure the manager application or TC itself to be a bit
more verbose?

Any ideas?