Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Gomathi <go...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/03 21:34:02 UTC

Fwd: Question

Hi All,

I have a scenario wherein i have to export the values(the details of group
of people) from a webpage in either a CVS or PDF format in my local. The
response was success When i recorded this scenario in jmeter. When i added
recorded samplers in the thread group and ran them, i received success
response with 302 response code. But the sample time is very less when
compared with F12 time(manually captured it using F12 developer tool).

It is a POST request when i recorded it. In the results it's showing 3
different child samples out of that 1 is POST and the remaining 2 are GET
requests. And 1 additional request with blank request.

The below is the structure:

1 /WebPages/Common/abc.aspx?mhsghgsjfgjsdg
 -child1 (POST request)
 -child2(GET request)
 -child3(GET request)
1 /WebPages/Common/abc.aspx?mhsghgsjfgjsdg (blank request)

It's a C# application. Even for some other requests i am getting 302
response code with correct sample time. So i have no issues with those
samples.

Could someone assist me to find out what could be the issue for the
incorrect sample time? and how can i resolve it to get the correct sample
time?

Appreciate your inputs or resolution.

Re: Fwd: Question

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
My expectation is that this is due to "embedded resources" processing.
Normally HTML pages contain images, scripts, styles, fonts, etc. and given
you recorded your test plan using  Recording Template
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#test_plan_building>
calls to these type of content are not included.

This is expected as real browsers handle "embedded resources" in a different
way: each "main" request to get content is followed by *parallel* requests
to the resources - this is not something you can implement manually using
JMeter Test Elements as per current version (3.3)

The solution is configuring your HTTP Request samplers to:

*Retrieve All Embedded Resources*

and

*Parallel Downloads*

The settings can be found at the "Advanced" tab of the HTTP Request sampler:

<http://www.jmeter-archive.org/file/t340375/Screen_Shot_2017-10-04_at_07.png>

You can also use <a
href=&quot;https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/why-its-so-important-use-jmeters-http-request-defaults&lt;/a>
configuration element to apply the settings to all HTTP Request samplers in
scope in a "single shot"

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html