Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2001/10/02 20:13:51 UTC

Re: SSL configuration file [httpd-ssl.conf - new file to be added ]

Looks good to me in concept (I know virtually nothing about SSL
configuration). I have a couple comments though:

- make sure your lines are <79 chars, and preferably <~70 (so people can
put comments in there and we have some extra room for error).

- make sure your comment above the lockfile reads similiar to the one
in httpd.conf, possibly pointing to external documentation about how
bad it is to have lock files on NFS mounts, etc...

for reference, here's what came in my 1.3 config:
#
# The LockFile directive sets the path to the lockfile used when Apache
# is compiled with either USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT or
# USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT. This directive should normally be left at
# its default value. The main reason for changing it is if the logs
# directory is NFS mounted, since the lockfile MUST BE STORED ON A LOCAL
# DISK. The PID of the main server process is automatically appended to
# the filename.
#
#LockFile /home/aaron/dist/apache-1.3/logs/httpd.lock

Other than that it looks good and I appreciate your detailed docs/comments :)

-aaron

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 02:04:06PM -0400, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Here's a sample version of httpd-ssl-std.conf that may be added into
> the CVS tree. It'd be great if somebody could pl. review and commit it.
>
> Thx
> -Madhu

[snip]