Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@s2004.tu-chemnitz.de> on 2007/12/23 13:53:12 UTC

Saving the state of an antproject-object as xml-buildfile ...

Hello,

I am working on a buildfile-editor which allows the user to create and
edit ant buildfiles by using a visual editor. Because I could not
found such a tool I think about writing it myselfe. The graphical
resentation of a buildfile can be done by using the ant task
visualizer based on yFiles.

My plan is, to create an editor which has an Dialog for editing the
targets and the tasks. Loading the buildfile and manipulation of the
project, properties and the targets is easy by using the ant API. Now
I have to write the state of the project-object backt to a
xml-buildfile.

Is there a simple way to do this? Or do I have to write a special
XML-Writer by my own for every supportet task?

Thanks for any information.

I wish you a merry Christmas