Posted to user@struts.apache.org by netsql <ne...@roomity.com> on 2005/08/11 17:06:44 UTC

Re: [OT] Swing, was Re: Nice try (was Java code generator including Struts 1.2)

> Yan Hu wrote:
>
>> But java is perhaps not suitable for fat client - type apps while it
>> is a great language for the server side.

>Dave Newton wrote:
> How is it "not suitable" for fat clients?

> Yan Hu wrote:
>> How many huge apps are written in Java Swing and how many are in C++,C
>> or even VB?

When I did started using Struts, very few people did Struts(Enhydra and
Turbine and roll your own was the fashion). Majority of traffic 12 years
ago was Gohper, 1% was html/http. Every 10 years technolgy changes. Wait
and see, RiA is here:
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=35810
LimeWire, Azarus, BlogBridge are example client side java apps.

.V
http://roomity.com (a mac, linux, windoze compatible SwingX release 1.03 :-)