Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ArunKumar <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 15:38:28 UTC

Where do i see Sysout statements after building example ?

HI guys !

I have a single node set up as per
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/
1>I have put some sysout statements in Jobtracker and wordcount
(src/examples/org/..) code
2>ant build
3>Ran example jar with wordcount

Where do i find the sysout statements ? i have seen in logs/
datanode,tasktracker,*.out  files.

Can anyone help me out ?

Arun

Re: Where do i see Sysout statements after building example ?

Posted by Mark Kerzner <ma...@shmsoft.com>.
For me, they go two levels deeper - under 'userlogs' in logs, then in
directory that stores the run logs.

Here is what I see

root@ip-10-84-123-125
:/var/log/hadoop/userlogs/job_201112120200_0010/attempt_201112120200_0010_r_000002_0#
ls
log.index  stderr  stdout  syslog

and there, in stdout, I see my write statements.

Mark

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.
Adding on to Harsh's response.
If your Sysouts are on mapper or reducer classes, you can get the same from
from WebUI  as well, http://<JT host>:50030/jobtracker.jsp . You need
to select your job and drill down to individual task level.

Regards
Bejoy.K.S

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.