Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com> on 2010/04/19 16:29:00 UTC

Re: Question about james.smtpserver.fastfail.SpamAssassinHandler in JAMES 3

Hi Max,

the SpamassasinHandler only support rejecting messages. I don't see
why you not just use a Mailet if you don't want to reject. Any reason
?

Thx,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

Yes it is recomment to activate it. It will do exactly the Same for
example postfix does if you try to send Email to a Not existing user.

The only reason why we make it configurable is cause it makes James
more flexible.

For example you could james to act As honeypot. In this Case you want
to get every mail, not only the one wich is addressed to existing
Users.

If you use James as normal mailserver , just enable the handler. There
is no risk in doing so..

Bye
Norman

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.

Re: Manually execute SQL statement from Mailet

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Kevin,

yes its possible. Now it depends on which version you are using of
james. With version 2.3.x its a bit more "clumpy" then with james
trunk (development version)..

For 2.3.x see this code for an example:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/branches/v2.3/src/java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/BayesianAnalysis.java?view=markup

For development:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/trunk/mailets/src/main/java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/BayesianAnalysis.java?view=markup

Hope it helps..

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Re: read/unread Mail in JAMES

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Kevin,

short answer its possible. You will need to use james development
version for do this. In this version every POP3 command has its own
class which you could extend. So in your case you would need to write
your own RetrCmdHandler and TopCmdHandler.

Here are the current CmdHandlers:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/trunk/pop3server/src/main/java/org/apache/james/pop3server/core/

The you will need to write your own HandlersPackage class which load
your classes:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/trunk/pop3server/src/main/java/org/apache/james/pop3server/core/CoreCmdHandlerLoader.java?view=markup

This will then get defined in the pop3server.xml.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Bye,
Norman

RE: read/unread Mail in JAMES

Re: read/unread Mail in JAMES