Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/04/02 23:30:26 UTC

Re: Web Service and EJB 3 problem

On Mar 31, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Dru Devore wrote:
> I am REALLY new to openejb, though not ejbs, and I am having problems.
>
> I am trying to deploy a project developed in NetBeans for Glassfish to
> Tomcat/OpenEJB. I need to develop a method of reliably deploying a
> project
> being developed in NB as an enterprise project using GF as the
> server to
> Tomcat/OpenEJB. I am going to explain the project then tell you what
> I have
> attempted with the hopes it will be enough information to get
> something
> working. So on with the situation.
>
> I have 2 projects, part of an enterprise project in NB, They are OH-
> war and
> OH-ejb. The war contains a set of services that access the stateless
> session
> beans (3.0) in the OH-ejb project, it also contains a servlet that
> starts a
> timer to perform a scheduled task that is also in an ejb from the OH-
> ejb
> project. I know the task and services are setup properly and they run
> without problems in GF though I cannot get any of it to work in TC/
> OEJB.
>
> What I have tried:
> I was told that I should be able to simply throw the war file from
> NB in the
> webapps directory and it will work. Well it didn't really work so
> much.
>
> I think I have the OpenEJB installed correctly because the install
> seemed to
> work and it says it deploys it when the server comes up. I can see
> it saying
> that it is deploying /openejb and the /OH-war projects but that is
> just
> about all the good there is.
>
> 1. I can't find a wsdl anywhere, in a browser or on the HD, so the
> services
> are unaccessable.
>
> 2. As for the servlet, I put prints in the init around where it
> starts the
> task for timing and they are simply not being printed out. Figuring
> that it
> might be the @EJB in the servlet that might be making it not work
> correctly
> I removed everything related to EJBs.
>
> At this time I don't have any idea what it is doing but I can say
> that it is
> not doing what I thought I was asking it to do...
>
> If anyone has any suggestions I would be willing to try them. If
> anyone has
> any examples of web services or servlets I will look at them also. I
> know it
> must be something I am doing I just don't know what it is..

We have a few fixes in the pending OpenEJB 3.0 final release that
should address #2.  Not sure what might be going on with #1.

I've put together a new openejb.war file for you with all of our
latest fixes:

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/3.0-SNAPSHOT/openejb.war

Give that a try and see if it doesn't fix the issue.

In that same directory I've added an example of a war file that has a
web service.

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/3.0-SNAPSHOT/ejb-examples/

Hopefully, between the two we might be able to figure out what's going
on.

Also, excuse the slight delay on responses; we've been trying for
three weeks to get 3.0 final out the door and have exactly one issue
left blocking it we're trying to resolve.

-David