Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/28 01:44:34 UTC

Add a simple embedded runtime for Tuscany dummies

Hi,

I know we have removed SCATestCase from the trunk, but I always find it very
useful and convenient for me to run test cases or samples from inside the
IDE directly (by right-clicking on the class and select "Run..." or
"Debug"), especially for debugging and testing purposes.

I put together a simple "embedded runtime" based on the idea of SCATestCase
so that we can bootstrap Tuscany system and the application code from the
same classpath in case that class isolations are not of interest. It's built
on top of the current kernel in trunk.

You can find the code at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/rfeng/runtime/embedded/.
There are two things you can try:
*  calculator.CalculatorClient is a sample with main()
*  org.apache.tuscany.api.SCARuntimeTestCase is a JUNIT test case.

I think it can complement the other runtimes we have in trunk such as
standalone and itest. I would like to check it in under java/runtime if you
agree with me.

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: Add a simple embedded runtime for Tuscany dummies

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond

   Simplicity is good, and being able to run/debug directly from IDE in a
simple way certainly helps our own productivity as well.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's now checked in under r523826 and r523828. You can find the code at
java/sca/runtime/embedded.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes! Being able to do this makes things so much easier to use and debug.

   ...ant