Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by bootjvm <bo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/06/29 14:55:26 UTC

[svn] PROPFIND errors on SVN repository-- please advise

All,

Has anyone seen this SVN error before?  Please advise:

  % svn _something_ ...
  svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/some/file'
  svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/some/file' could not
connect to server (https://svn.apache.org)
  %

So I tried a simple checkout of the top-level README file:

  % svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README
README
  svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README' could not connect
to server (https://svn.apache.org)
  %

followed by non-secure HTTP route,

  % svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README
README
  svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README'
  svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README': 302 found
(https://svn.apache.org)
  %

This happened to me last night, so I decided to wait until this morning for
the
error to clear, but it persists.  Any hints?  I have never had any trouble
accessing SVN before...

Thanks,

Dan Lydick

Re: [svn] PROPFIND errors on SVN repository-- please advise

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 6/29/06, bootjvm <bo...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Has anyone seen this SVN error before?  Please advise:
>
>   % svn _something_ ...
>   svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/some/file'
>   svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/some/file' could not
> connect to server (https://svn.apache.org)
>   %
>
> So I tried a simple checkout of the top-level README file:
>
>   % svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README
> README
>   svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README' could not connect
> to server (https://svn.apache.org)
>   %
>
> followed by non-secure HTTP route,
>
>   % svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README
> README
>   svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README'
>   svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README': 302 found
> (https://svn.apache.org)
>   %

You can't check out a file, it's a dumb error, but that's what that means...

> This happened to me last night, so I decided to wait until this morning for
> the
> error to clear, but it persists.  Any hints?  I have never had any trouble
> accessing SVN before...

Well, I hate to say it, but have you tried any of the usual kind of
tests when you can't connect to an http server?  Can you browse it in
a browser?  Can you ping the machine?  Can you telnet in via port 80?
Those errors about not being able to connect to the server sound like
connectivity problems to me...

-garrett

Re: [svn] PROPFIND errors on SVN repository-- please advise

Posted by Vladimir Gorr <vv...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I also met this problem before. I'd advise you to make the following:
- edit the C:\Documents and Settings\${user}\Application
Data\Subversion\servers file.
  You need to set the http-proxy-host & http-proxy-port properties with the
corresponding way.
- run the following command to get the SVN server certificate (look at the *
3.12.4 paragraph* from drlvm/trunk/vm/readme file for details):
  svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/tags

At least I could resolve similar issue performing these steps.

Thanks,
Vladimir.