Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/02/12 18:16:52 UTC

Using a repository manager for certain dependencies.

I've got a few artifacts that I need to make available to my team and
company.  So, I set up Nexus and added my artifacts to the "releases"
repository.  Next, I added that repository to the list in my project's
parent POM:

    <repository>
        <id>ags-releases</id>
        <name>AGS Releases</name>

    <url>http://bluedev.enttek.com:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases/</url>
        <releases>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
        </releases>
    </repository>

Doing a build, the artifact isn't pulled from here, though, and I get an
error indicating it cannot be found on repo1.maven.org.  The only
solution I've seen, so far, is to set up mirrors of the public
repositories on my Nexus installation and then add a <mirror>
declaration to my settings.xml.  While this gets me around the problem,
it's not the most efficient solution.  My Nexus installation is great
for mirroring when I'm at the office, but it's faster for me to pull
most artifacts from the Internet when I'm working at home.

Isn't there a way to get Maven to search for this artifact using my
company repository and leave the others to search the public repositories?

Thanks,
Dave

RESOLVED: Using a repository manager for certain dependencies.

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Blondeness apparently set in when I added my dependency to the project.
It's a plugin.  I could add repositories all day long and not get it
solved.  I had to add a <pluginRepository>.  Duh!