Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Russel Winder <ru...@russel.org.uk> on 2007/07/16 17:12:20 UTC

Commons CLI

The Groovy project currently uses Commons CLI 1.0, we thought we ought
to upgrade to 1.1 given this is the official public release.  However,
from what I can see, whilst CommandLine.getOptionValues works on 1.0, it
seems not to work on 1.1.  The release notes for 1.1 indicate this is a
bug fix release but is it the case that the semantics for
getOptionValues changed in some way.

Thanks.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                +44 20 7585 2200

Re: Commons CLI

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/22/07, Russel Winder <ru...@russel.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 16:04 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Sorry for the delay Russel;
>
> I was wondering how long to wait before reposting ;-)
>
> Thanks for getting on to this.
>
> > I don't know of any reason for getOptionValues to have changed - could
> > you open a JIRA issue on it?
> >
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLI
>
> OK, I will create some test cases to show the problem and put them on
> the page.
>
> Is there a possibility of 1.1.x being released with bug fixes?

Definitely.

Hen

Re: Commons CLI

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@russel.org.uk>.
On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 16:04 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Sorry for the delay Russel;

I was wondering how long to wait before reposting ;-)

Thanks for getting on to this.

> I don't know of any reason for getOptionValues to have changed - could
> you open a JIRA issue on it?
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLI

OK, I will create some test cases to show the problem and put them on
the page.

Is there a possibility of 1.1.x being released with bug fixes?

Thanks.
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder
41 Buckmaster Road               m: +44 7770 465 077
London SW11 1EN, UK              t: +44 20 7585 2200

Re: Commons CLI

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the delay Russel;