Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2004/12/06 17:03:14 UTC

[NET] JXTG 2.0

In case you are wondering, I just randomly chose NET. It stands for Never
Ending Topic.

At the risk of raising Stefano's alarm, what is so wrong with creating a
general template transformer as well as a generator that support pluggable
expression languages. That isn't really much different than what we do in
the rest of Cocoon where components are specified as Interfaces that must
be implemented and the actual implementation is configured in cocoon.xconf
or the sitemap.

In this case, however, instead of configuring them in the sitemap
(although one certainly could do it that way) I would anticipate something
like:

use jexl;
use jelly;

Where jexl and jelly might be roles defined in cocoon.xconf that must
implement the "expression language interface", whatever that is.

Ralph