Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org> on 2014/10/02 19:10:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Jena 2.12.1 and Fuseki 1.1.1 (RC 2)

Hi,

Here is a vote on a release of Jena 2.12.1 with Fuseki artifact
1.1.1

This is the second release candidate for this release.  This updated
candidate addresses the following points:

- Missing/incorrect license headers in a couple of files
- Merges in several minor fixes that have landed in master in the meantime

Everyone, not just committers, is invited to test and vote.
(We do need at least 3 PMC +1's but the more it's tested, the better.)

Staging repository:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-1007/

Proposed dist/ area:
  http://people.apache.org/~rvesse/jena-2.12.1-RC2/

Keys:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/dist/KEYS

Git commit (web browser URL):

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jena.git;a=commit;h=050c298ada387
49a1ff166a77851b963991e4785

  NB - Text wrapping may mangle the above URL

Git Commit Hash:
  050c298ada38749a1ff166a77851b963991e4785

Git Commit Tag:
  jena-2.12.1-rc2

Dependency Changes since previous release:
  commons-csv - 1.0 - new
  libthrift - 0.9.1 - new

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This vote will be open to the end of

  Tuesday, 7th October, 2014 23:59 UTC

(96 hours from the same hour tonight UTC).

Thanks,

Rob

Checking needed:

+ does everything work on Linux?
+ does everything work on MS Windows?
+ does everything work on OS X?
+ is the GPG signature fine?
+ are the checksums correct?
+ is there a source archive?
+ can the source archive really be built?
+ is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact
    (both source and binary artifacts)?
+ does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?
+ have any licenses of dependencies changed due to upgrades?
     if so have LICENSE and NOTICE been upgraded appropriately?
+ does the tag in the SCM contain reproducible sources?

Re: [VOTE] Release Jena 2.12.1 and Fuseki 1.1.1 (RC 2)

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
+1
Checked on Ubuntu

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Jena 2.12.1 and Fuseki 1.1.1 (RC 2)

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
+1

Rob

---

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

> Please vote to approve this release:
>
>    [ ] +1 Approve the release

+1

>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

Give the problems with building are identified as an issue with the
testing, not the main code, I am happy to release this build.

> Checking needed:
>
> + does everything work on Linux?

Only problems were the security tests.

> + does everything work on MS Windows?
> + does everything work on OS X?

> + is the GPG signature fine?
Yes
> + are the checksums correct?
Yes
> + is there a source archive?
Yes

Re: [] Release Jena 2.12.1 and Fuseki 1.1.1 (RC 2)

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
I think the changes I just checked in will fix the problem.  I was able to
build and test on Ubuntu using Java 8.

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: [] Release Jena 2.12.1 and Fuseki 1.1.1 (RC 2)

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.