Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by carlos muñoz <ca...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/24 15:18:19 UTC

Getting Started with GSoC: Apache Ignite as data store

Hi,

I am so happy that got into GSoC, thanks.

I'd like to start. This week we're in the community bounding period. I am
setting up my development environment (installing Apache Ignite). In
addition, I am going to add a new backend [1]. Any thoughts?

Also, I'd to request access to the WiKi, so I can update some of the work I
will be doing.

Finally, about the communication, I think it would be okay to keep it in
the ML or private messages.

Cheers,
Carlos.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Writing+a+new+DataStore+for+Gora+HOW_TO

Re: Getting Started with GSoC: Apache Ignite as data store

Posted by Nishadi Kirielle <nd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

First of all congratulations...!!!

I will give you a brief on how GSoC works. You can find the timeline in [1].
As of the moment we are in the community bonding period as you have
mentioned above.

As per Google, community bonding period is where
> "Students spend a month learning more about their organization’s
> community."

Thus, before starting to work on the project, use this month of time to
work with the community.

So, read documentation of Apache Gora and clarify anything that is not
clear for you [2][3]. Another important thing you can do in this period
would be to to pick up some issues [4] or create new ones which are not
directly related to your proposal to get started with the project. Gora has
a good community out there. Take the chance to communicate with them on
what needs to be improved and how things need to be carried out.

I will share the wiki details for project progress sharing.
Please feel free to ask anything you need to get clarified.

Hope you will enjoy the GSoC period with the community...!!

[1]. https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline
[2]. http://gora.apache.org/current/tutorial.html
[3]. http://gora.apache.org/current/index.html
[4]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/gora