Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com> on 2007/10/31 16:41:51 UTC

Re: How to receive messages over HTTP connection?

To connect to the broker, your client (consumer) will need to use a http
broker URL as follows

http://broker-ip-address:port-number

The broker will need to have a http transport connector to listen for http
connection requests from the clients as follows

<transportConnectors>
      <transportConnector name="http"
uri="http://broker-ip-address:port-number" />
</transportConnectors>

These jar files will have to be in your client's CLASSPATH

$ACTIVEMQ_HOME/activemq-<release number>.jar
$ACTIVEMQ_HOME/lib/optional/commons-httpclient-2.0.1.jar
$ACTIVEMQ_HOME/lib/optional/xstream-1.1.2.jar
$ACTIVEMQ_HOME/lib/optional/xmlpull-1.1.3.4d_b4_min.jar

Hope this helps,
Joe

Posted by krv <vi...@onmobile.com>.
I thing I seem to have found the problem myself. I was using the latest
SNAPSHOT (25 Oct, 07) version to send and receive messages over HTTP
connection. While sending messages works fine receiving messages doesn't.
When I reverted to the stable version 4.1.1 both sending and receiving seem
to work fine over HTTP connection.

Is this a potential bug? Is this gonna be fixed in the 5.0 version?

Can anyone comment on this please.
Thanks again in advance.

Posted by krv <vi...@onmobile.com>.