Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Rodney Crossman <ro...@ravenetcomputers.com> on 2004/07/14 04:11:23 UTC

Netware port of Subversion 1.0.5 requires testing

Guenter Knauf has posted his port of Subversion 1.0.5 for netware along
with the required patches to build it and bdb 4.2.52  from source.  I
don't know subversion well enough to say that its 100% stable and we are
expecting a few bugs.

I do have 2 working systems up and running on netware 6.5 sp2 with
apache 2.0.50 (which is a current requirement due to apr issues I
believe), and am using auth_ldap for authentication against edirectory.
I have had some problems with crc errors on commits, though I plan on
testing on both a windows and linux system to make sure its not a
workstation issue.

http://www.gknw.com/development/svn/

I'll add another download location on my own server once I build 1.0.6
when its released.

Rodney

Re: Netware port of Subversion 1.0.5 requires testing

Posted by Mark Benedetto King <mb...@lowlatency.com>.
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:11:23PM -0500, Rodney Crossman wrote:
> Guenter Knauf has posted his port of Subversion 1.0.5 for netware along
> with the required patches to build it and bdb 4.2.52  from source.  I
> don't know subversion well enough to say that its 100% stable and we are
> expecting a few bugs.

These patches breaks down into a few categories:

1.) Additional build-system components for netware.

  I think it would be best if these were integrated into the
  configure/gen-make.py system instead of bolted on, as they appear
  to be.  We took great pains to do this for Win32, and I think the
  results have been worth it.

2.) Patches to neon.

  These should be submitted to the neon development team.  They
  look extremely innocuous, so I can't imagine them not being
  accepted.

3.) A patch to subversion/libsvn_fs/fs.c

  This patch uses "#ifdef NETWARE" to determine whether DB_PRIVATE
  should be passed to BDB.  I think it would be more appropriate
  to resolve this at configure time, and generate some sort of
  BDB_NEEDS_DB_PRIVATE #define instead.

  Out of curiosity, are you sure that DB_PRIVATE is necessary
  and correct?  I believe that unless you are using a threaded
  svnserve (and no other repository access method), that
  DB_PRIVATE is not safe to use.

--ben