Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gaurav Sehgal <gs...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/14 13:50:57 UTC

Kafka Consumer connection issue

Hi,
    I keep getting the folllowing error in Kafka.

2014-01-14 10:46:55:073 SyncProducer [ERROR] Producer connection to <my ip
address>:9092 unsuccessful
java.nio.channels.ClosedByInterruptException
        at
java.nio.channels.spi.AbstractInterruptibleChannel.end(AbstractInterruptibleChannel.java:184)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:543)
        at kafka.network.BlockingChannel.connect(BlockingChannel.scala:57)
        at kafka.producer.SyncProducer.connect(SyncProducer.scala:146)
        at
kafka.producer.SyncProducer.getOrMakeConnection(SyncProducer.scala:161)
        at
kafka.producer.SyncProducer.kafka$producer$SyncProducer$$doSend(SyncProducer.scala:68)
        at kafka.producer.SyncProducer.send(SyncProducer.scala:112)
        at
kafka.client.ClientUtils$.fetchTopicMetadata(ClientUtils.scala:53)
        at
kafka.client.ClientUtils$.fetchTopicMetadata(ClientUtils.scala:88)
        at
kafka.consumer.ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread.doWork(ConsumerFetcherManager.scala:65)
        at kafka.utils.ShutdownableThread.run(ShutdownableThread.scala:51)

What could be the workaround for this ? I have had the same configuration
for Kafka and have been running it in the setup for the past few months
though this just started appearing.

I am using kafka version 0.80

Cheers!
Gaurav

Re: Kafka Consumer connection issue

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Does that happen in the middle of a consumer rebalance? If so, that could
be normal since on every rebalance, we will interrupt existing socket
connections. The question is weather rebalances complete in the end. If
there are too many rebalances, take a look at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-Whyaretheremanyrebalancesinmyconsumerlog
?

Thanks,

Jun