Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org> on 2012/06/12 18:59:35 UTC

RE: Is this a new type of URI obfuscation?

On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 17:24 +0100, si@yacc.co.uk wrote:

> .gg is Guernsey ... it's definitely there ... I can see it out the
> window :)

Thanks for that clarification. I wasn't as clear as I could have been.
The URL in the spam body was unknown to 'whois' but was resolved by
'host'. I've previously seen URLs with no publicly available contact
details on whois but never one that host can resolve but that is unknown
to whois.

So, my questions remain: how much spam carries URLs that resolve but at
the same time are unknown to 'whois' and how would they be set up?

Martin