Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/04 18:24:12 UTC

can we use Streaming Expressions for different collection

I am checking the arcticle this->
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Streaming+Expressions

Can we implement merge operation for different collection or different node
in solrcloud

Re: can we use Streaming Expressions for different collection

Posted by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joel Bernstein

could you share any of link please

Re: can we use Streaming Expressions for different collection

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
There are a number of map/reduce join implementations available in Trunk.
These are map/reduce joins where the entire result sets are shuffled to
worker nodes. All of this code is in the org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream
package if you'd like to review.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Can you describe your use case in more detail?

In general Streaming Expressions can be used to combine data streams
(searches) from different collections. There is a limited set of Streaming
Expressions described on the (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Streaming+Expressions),
which are available in Solr 5.

Trunk has a much large set of expressions, but they have not yet been
documented. They will be documented before the 6.0 release.

If you can describe your use case in detail I can let you know if there is
an expression in Solr 5 or trunk (Solr 6) that would fit.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/