Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2005/02/14 17:42:21 UTC

Wishlist: add auto-reconnect option to network JDBC driver

One thing that I really like about MySQL's JDBC driver is that it has a
auto-reconnect option which you can enable using a URL attribute. This comes
in handy when using a connection pool because then you don't have to use a
SQL test query. As far as I can tell, Derby doesn't have this capability?
That would be great if support for this could be added once IBM hands over
the source code for the driver... Actually, it's too bad that all drivers
don't do this by default.

Jon