Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2006/07/13 16:44:57 UTC

VOTE: suppress svn keywords and keyword expansion

Hi all,

I'm asking you to vote on this subject now because some times ago, in a
thread named "SVN keywords" (started by me in this list on 3/25/2006) we
discussed about the pros and cons of suppressing svn keywords expansion
in source files.

Removing svn keywords from source files means both the keywords
themselves (such as $Id, $Rev etc...) and the svn:keywords property that
is responsible for keywords expansion.

The main reason is to avoid merging/import problems, but also because,
in my opinion, this kind of meta information is better managed in svn logs.

For more details, have a look at the original thread:
http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/dev/2006-March/010349.html

My vote is:

+1

Jacopo

Re: VOTE: suppress svn keywords and keyword expansion

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
No, I can't of any reason this might cause problems for people so I have no objection to it.

The only use of the current format is to evaluate performance and what not, which is not a big deal as there are other (and generally better) ways of doing such things.

-David

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.